Sunday morning worship
Sunday morning Worship Service begins at 10am, with music, worship, prayer, community. After the welcoming time, children are excused to age-appropriate Children’s Church School, which is available every week.
Holy Communion is being offered twice a month. The schedule varies a bit with Pastor Linda’s preaching schedule. (If you would like to help prepare the Communion table, see “Preparing the Communion Service” below.
After the worship service on Communion Sundays, join us for Fellowship Time, to rekindle relationships and check out opportunities to volunteer.
Upcoming Morgan Hill UMC worship experiences
- November 12: “Gun Violence” with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook
- November 19: TBA with Dr. Haley Feuerbacher
- November 26: “White Supremacy and the UMC” with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook; Communion (brief)
- December 3 (first Sunday of Advent): “Messages by the Manger: Waiting” with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook; Communion (full)
- December 10 (second Sunday of Advent): “Messages by the Manger: Preparing” with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook
- December 17 (third Sunday of Advent): “Messages by the Manger: Laboring” with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook; Communion (brief)
- December 24 (fourth Sunday of Advent): “Messages by the Manger” Carol fest and storytime with Trish
- December 24, 5pm (Christmas Eve): “Messages by the Manger: Preparing” service of carols, lessons, and candles, with Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook
- December 31 (New Year’s Eve): TBA with Trish Catalano
Our Communion table is prepared by volunteers, on a scheduled sign-up basis. Please contact Wanda if you would like to help. The two primary things we need volunteers for are preparing the bread and washing/pressing the linens.
Bread Preparation: Purchase two small loaves of bread (e.g. “bread bowl”) or large (plain Kaiser) rolls. Cut one into 50 1” cubes, store in plastic bag. On the other, make a cut through the bottom, about half-way through, so that Pastor Linda can easily tear the loaf in half. Bring both to the Communion table before the service.
Linen wash/press: After the service, collect the used linens. Bring them home and wash them, pre-treating any grape juice stains. After drying, press them and fold neatly. Bring them back the following Sunday and either put them on the Communion table before the service, if it’s a Communion Sunday, or in the kitchen cabinet with Communion supplies (back left corner as you enter the kitchen).
Other parts of Communion preparation, usually done by Darcy and Chuck unless otherwise noted:
Previously-recorded Morgan Hill UMC worship experiences
|May 2023 – “Closing Credits: Wrapping up the MHUMC Video Service Program”
For three years, beginning in March 2020 and prompted by the pandemic lock-down, MHUMC offered worship services via online videos. The program involved many volunteers, and offered a way for our church family to remain connected with the ministry of the church. As the pandemic waned, and we have returned to in-person worship services, the program has come to a close. See more info and watch Matthew’s “Closing Credits” video.
|See previously-recorded services for January 2022 through May 21, 2023.|
Recent sermon series
Random acts of kindness can add joy to others’ lives, and our own, even while we are socially distant. Get ideas at the Random Acts of Kindness website. Ideas include:
The Upper Room also has many other resources that are helpful for personal and small group prayer time.
For resources to stay grounded during times of uncertainty and isolation, visit UpperRoom.org/covid-19.