I am so glad to be appointed to Morgan Hill UMC. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you individually. I am hoping to meet many of you in small groups and in those groups, you will have an opportunity to learn my background and ask questions.
My life experience has taken me to many places in the United States. I was born in Georgia, grew up in Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida. As an adult I spent a brief time in Connecticut, and then a number of years in Texas before moving to California.
I am a second career pastor. I was in the corporate world and enjoying what I was doing. I just felt like there was something else I was supposed to be doing. I prayed and after more than 2 years, God answered with a call to go to seminary. It was a surprise! However, everything I had done before seminary has helped me along my journey.
After moving to California in 2011, I served two churches, Valley Faith and First UMC of Palo Alto, in this conference. Both churches were wonderful and I expect Morgan Hill to be in the same wonderful category.
I retired in 2018 and have loved retirement. My first project after retiring was to write my dissertation for my Doctor of Ministry degree. I was awarded my Doctor of Ministry degree from Claremont School of Theology in 2019. I have also traveled to Japan, African, and Europe; all before March 2020.
When I received the call to return to ministry, I was pleasantly surprised. Together we are Christ’s disciples in the world, and together we will discover what it means for us to be disciples here in Morgan Hill and beyond the local community.
I know we have great things to do and I am looking forward to getting to know each of you and journeying together.
Grace and Peace,
Notes from Pastor Linda
- Morgan Hill Times article 8/10/23: “Climate Change and Faith”
- Podcast about healing and compassion during fragile time of disaffiliation of some United Methodist Churches. (Recorded March 2023)
- Sermon Series: “Prayer” (February-March 2023)
- Morgan Hill Times article 3/9/23: “Nurturing Our Inner Life”
- Morgan Hill Times article 10/6/22: “Rituals Touch Our Lives”
- Morgan Hill Times article 7/14/22: “Summer and Creation”
- Sermon Series: “Compassion” (July-August 2022)
- Sermon Series: “Can We Forgive?” (January-February 2022)
- Greetings from your pastor, Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook