Due to the rising concerns over health and safety caused by the COVID19 Coronavirus, a decision has been made to temporarily suspend Sharing the Bounty, our Wednesday night community meal program. This decision was not made lightly. Ultimately the decision was made to best ensure the health and safety of not only the community we serve, but also the volunteers who make it possible for us to serve our community. The tentative return of Sharing the Bounty is planned for Wednesday, April 15.
Matthew Hendrickson, Chairperson, Mission/Outreach
You’re Invited to a Community Meal
On Wednesday evenings, from 6pm to 7pm, in our Fellowship Hall, we serve a hot meal to anyone who needs it. There is no eligibility requirement or form to fill out, just please come and enjoy a nutritious, delicious dinner with us.
We are part of a network of free hot meals available through the week in Morgan Hill:
- Mondays, 6-7pm – Community Suppers at St. Catherine Parish Center, 17400 Peak Ave.
- Tuesdays, 5-6pm – Community Table at Advent Lutheran Church, 16870 Murphy Ave.
- Wednesdays, 6-7pm – Sharing the Bounty at Morgan Hill United Methodist Church, 17175 Monterey St.
- Thursdays, 6-7pm – Community Suppers at Community Christian Church, 305 West Main Ave.
- 1st & 3rd Fridays, 6-7pm – Community Suppers at Morgan Hill Presbyterian Church, 16970 Dewitt Ave.
- See full list of Morgan Hill food resources
The food is prepared by Martha’s Kitchen, so all we have to do is set up, serve our guests, and clean up!
Volunteers are needed to help in many ways:
- Setting the tables
- Preparing the salad
- Serving the meal
- Pouring beverages
- Serving dessert
- Wash serving pans and utensils
- Clean up
This is a wonderful opportunity for teens needing community service hours, or adults wanting to give back to the community.
If you have any questions, please contact Matthew Hendrickson, Sharing the Bounty Coordinator.