What’s happening in our Morgan Hill UMC Community this week?
For the week of April 18, 2021
What’s going on at MHUMC?
- Pastor Patrick will be on vacation May 1 through May 29. While he’s away, if there are any pastoral issues, please contact Denise Melroy (chair of Staff-Parish Relations) or Trish Catalano (in the church office). They will connect you with someone who can help.
- Church to Go Bags will be “virtual” beginning May 2. We will deliver the Church to Go bags for the April 25 service, but after that you will receive the worship materials by email. If you think you are not on our email list and wish to receive the worship materials, please contact Trish Catalano in our church office.
- Reach Out food collection. We are collecting food donations for Reach Out. If you want to help, put non-perishable food items in a bag marked “Reach Out” on your front step on Saturday April 24, and your Church-to-Go bag team will collect it and deliver it to Reach Out for you. After April 24, please drop the groceries off directly at Reach Out during their operating hours. See more about Reach Out on our Giving page.
- Our Leadership Team usually meets the second Sunday of each month. Our May meeting will happen over email. Our June meeting is scheduled for June 13 at 7pm via Zoom. If you have a question or comment for this group, please contact Trish Catalano, Megan Richardson, or any Leadership Team member
- The latest “Good News” newsletter, for March 2021, is here.
What’s going on in our community?
- There are a few spots in Morgan Hill FOCUS Safe Car Park, for women or couples or families (no single men, sorry) who are currently living in their car or RV. Households can stay there while working with the case manager on getting more stable housing. The secure location has showers, laundry, restrooms, and a few trailers and tiny homes that folks can use while they are with the Car Park. Our goal is to help remove any barriers to housing and provide what is needed to move them into sustainable housing. The household does need a working vehicle with current registration. Car Park staff can help with DMV or registration fees. For more information, please call: 408-857-4516.
- Cecelia’s Closet and Food Pantry needs donations of food for families in need. If you would like to donate, please leave your food items on your front porch when MHUMC Church-to-go bags are dropped off. Please label the items so as not to confuse them with Reachout food collection.