What’s happening in our Morgan Hill UMC Community this week?
November 17th through December 9th, South Valley Civic Theatre presents “Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time”, at the Morgan Hill Playhouse. See SVCT.org for dates and show times.
Saturday, December 2nd, join us to decorate for Advent and Christmas. Meet in the Fellowship Hall at 10:30 am.
South Bay Singers present Holiday Songfest on Saturday, December 2nd at 3pm, Advent Lutheran Church and Sunday, December 3rd at 3pm, Gilroy Presbyterian Church. See the Good News Newsletter for details.
Choir rehearsals are starting back! Choir notes here. From September through June, we rehearse on Monday evenings, 7:00pm to about 8:15pm. On Sunday mornings, 9:15am-9:45am, we practice the special music for that day. If you are not able to attend Monday rehearsals but want to sing on Sunday, let Wanda know, and practice on your own.
Walk and a Prayer: On Thursday mornings, 7am, meet up with Bill at the church for a half-hour walk around town, followed by time in the sanctuary for prayer.
Children’s Sunday School: Sunday School meets every Sunday now! We now have a Sunday School aide, Bennett, who is able to assist the volunteer teachers. We still can use additional teachers! If you are able to volunteer at least one Sunday a month, the help would really be appreciated. All curriculum and support will be provided. Please see Jeannie Clayton for more information.
Youth Group: The Youth Group meets on the 4th Sunday of each month, immediately following the worship service. Please contact Grace Brawn if you have any questions.
Online Church Directory: We now have our church directory accessible online! Once you set up the app and create your login (using your email address that you provided to the church), you can view contact information for church members, participants, and staff, on your mobile device as well as online.
To get set up, go to your phone’s App store, search for Instant Church Directory, and download the free app. Use your email address listed in the directory to CREATE A LOGIN the first time you use the app. If you’re not listed in the directory, or have trouble logging in to the app, please contact the church office.
Ushers and Greeters Are Needed: Ushers and Greeters are leaders in the church tasked with offering a warm welcome to everyone who walks through our doors and serve in a significant role ensuring the guest experience during worship is exceptional through radical hospitality. This ministry is vital for helping all our guests feel welcomed and to start to create a sense of belonging. If you are interested please contact email@example.com for more information.
Nursery/Preschool Room: It is now ready for our little ones who are having a little too much fun during the Worship Service. It is a self-service nursery (there is no staff present) but there are toys, books, a crib, changing table, plus, if you need it, there is sound in there so you won’t miss a minute of the service. It is located off the Library directly behind the Sanctuary.
- The 988 Lifeline: This Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States. 988 is now active across the United States. This new, shorter phone number will make it easier for people to remember and access mental health crisis services. (Please note, the previous 1-800-273-TALK (8255) number will continue to function indefinitely.) Call 988 or visit their website https://988lifeline.org/
- Flowers for the Altar: Janet Tuttle has graciously volunteered to be the chair for the Flower committee. If you would like to help make our church altar beautiful with live flowers (either cut or replantable), please consider signing up for a Sunday to bring flowers. If you would like to bring flowers for a special occasion, please indicate that on the sign up sheet that is posted in the Fellowship Hall.
- United Methodist Committee On Relief (UMCOR): When a disaster strikes in the United States, the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) serves as the primary channel for United Methodist assistance. In the short term, UMCOR provides funds to partners to distribute food, hygiene supplies, shelter, and other basic supplies. In the long term, the agency works with local partners toward recovery and reconstruction. The apportionments that our church and other United Methodist Churches donate directly benefit UMCOR. If you’d like more information about how you can help, please see the UMCOR page.
- United Methodist Committee On Relief – Ukrainian Response (UMCOR): As we watch the horrors unfold in Ukraine, if you would like to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Ukraine in the wake of the Russian invasion of their country, please see this UMCOR page. This fund will provide direct assistance to those in Ukraine as well as assistance to Ukrainians fleeing to neighboring countries.
- Reach Out food collection. We are collecting non-perishable food donations for Reach Out again now that we are meeting in person. This is a wonderful opportunity to give to some of the less fortunate members of our community. Please bring food items to the Sunday worship service and put in the basket during offering, or put food items in a bag and drop the groceries off directly at Reach Out during their operating hours. See more about Reach Out on our Giving page.