What’s happening in our Morgan Hill UMC Community this week?
Friday Memo 10/15/2021
Church Leadership Roles
The Nominations Committee (Pastor Linda, Megan, Jeannie, and Trish) are meeting to identify leaders for our church committees. If you would like to lead one of our committees please talk to one of the members and we will sign you up.
Our committees are: Staff/Parish Relations, Trustees, Finance, Worship, Church Historian, Mission & Outreach, Interfaith CommUNITY of South County Liaison, and Education Committee. These committees can be a great introduction into the inner workings of our United Methodist vision. It’s a wonderful way to meet new church members and feel a part of our church community.
Our Stewardship Campaign will begin during the month of October. We will be asking you to turn in a pledge card for 2022 on October 24 with what you feel you can contribute. Please think prayerfully about how you can help our church both with talents and with monetary contributions.
Directory: Trish is updating the directory, please email the office with updated photos, addresses, and phone numbers, ASAP. Thank you so much!
Interfaith CommUNITY Needs: We received the following from the Interfaith CommUNITY of South County.
The Gilroy Compassion Center is in need of the following food items:
- Noodle cups
- Chili beans
- Loaves of bread
- Pre-packaged meals
- Gallon water bottlesPlease call or email first to coordinate deliveries directly with the Gilroy Compassion Center.Phone: (408) 763- 7120Angelina@gilroycompassioncenter.orgAddress: 370 Tomkins Ct. #F, Gilroy, CA 95020.
What else is happening?
Flowers for the Altar
Janet Tuttle has graciously volunteered to be the chair for the Flower committee. If you would like to help make our church altar beautiful with live flowers, please consider signing up for a Sunday to bring flowers. If you would like to bring flowers for a special occasion, please indicate that on the sign up sheet that is posted in the Fellowship Hall.
A couple of things to remember about in person services:
1) Worship is being recorded.
2) Please use only first names during prayer time since the service is being recorded, that way we can keep confidences.
3) We are asking that everyone who comes wears a mask to protect ourselves and others. Thank you!
4) We also are asking you to sign in each Sunday on the Sign In sheet. This is so if we do have someone who tests positive we know who to contact.
Choir practice will be held on Monday evenings from 7:30pm to 8:45pm beginning October 4 in the sanctuary.
If you are comfortable, please come to rehearsals. If you’re not able to make it on Monday evenings but still want to sing, then pass your email on to Wanda and borrow a hymnbook from our collection. She will send you the suggested YouTube video and you can sing along with it! Be sure and let Wanda know if you will be singing on Sunday mornings. All singers need to arrive by 9:15 Sunday mornings for final practice.
If you missed Worship on Sunday you can watch the service on our website.
- Fire relief for Northern California. Learn more about what’s happening in our region and what we, as part of The United Methodist Church, can do to help on our California Wildfire Response page.
- Reach Out food collection. We would like to begin collecting non-perishable food donations for Reach Out again now that we are meeting in person. This is a wonderful opportunity to give to some of the less fortunate members of our community. Please bring food items to the Sunday worship service and put in the basket during offering, or put food items in a bag and drop the groceries off directly at Reach Out during their operating hours. See more about Reach Out on our Giving page.
- Our Leadership Team usually meets the second Sunday of each month. Our next meeting will be Sunday, October 8, after the worship service. If you have a question or comment for this group, please contact Trish Catalano, Megan Richardson, or any Leadership Team member.
- The latest “Good News” newsletter, for September/October 2021, is here.