What’s happening at MHUMC this week?
For the week of January 17, 2020
- January 18, 2021: “Tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr.” Please plan to attend this service at 7pm (via Zoom). It’s hosted by the Interfaith CommUNITY of South County and the Interfaith Clergy Association. Get more info here.
- Reach Out food collection. Beginning January 17 again we are collecting food donations for Reach Out. If you want to help, put a few non-perishable food items in a bag marked “Reach Out” on your front step on Saturday mornings, and your Church-To-Go bag team will collect it and deliver it to Reach Out for you. See more about Reach Out on our Giving page.
- Estimate of Giving 2021: Please check your church-to-go bags for a letter from Pastor Patrick thanking MHUMC community for dedicated giving in 2020. He also announces our Estimate of Giving campaign that will run for the next few weeks. Your pledges are important and needed for preparing the 2021 budget. More info will be provided next week.
- Spiritual Seekers/Armchair Theologians are studying Christian Mysticism, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays via Zoom. Contact John Braslin for more information.
- Our Leadership Team usually meets the second Sunday of each month. Due to scheduling conflicts, the February meeting will not be held as a group, but through email conversation. If you have a question or comment for this group, please contact Trish Catalano, Megan Richardson, or any Leadership Team member.
- Stay Home, Stay Safe, and Stay Connected. We are like many of you and missing the in-person experience to our lives, including our spiritual lives. Our stay-at-home order continues. Thank you to Marilyn for summing up why we are doing what we are doing, “I am glad that my church suspended in-person services, yet distributes ‘church-to-go’ devotional packets weekly to members of the congregation and records on video the services held in an empty church. This lets us engage in collective worship while remaining safely separated.”- Marilyn. Thank you and until we can meet face to face, may God hold you in the palm of God’s hand.
The latest “Good News” newsletter, for January 2021, is here.