There is so much to worry about! Managing expenses, tending relationships, personal health and safety, artificial intelligence, climate change, war and insurrection, … the list goes on. In today’s message, Trish shares how we can adjust our perspective and let God carry our anxiety.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format. Note that closed captioning is available when “CC” appears in white at the bottom of the video panel. Click the CC to see the text; as it is done with an automated service, there may be errors in transcription.
Our Scripture Reading is 1 Peter 4:12-14, 5:6-11 from The Message. Today’s reading from the first letter of Peter to the church in Asia Minor gets to the heart of what he was writing about – he is encouraging believers to persevere when trouble comes. Trouble is certain, so the best approach is to meet it in ways that bring glory to God.
The message today from Trish Catalano is “Casting Your Cares.”
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Stand By Me” words and music by Charles Albert Tindley, music arr. by William Farley Smith. Words: Public Domain; Music: © 1989 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #1208398, CCLI License #2718708.
- “What a Friend We Have In Jesus” words by Joseph M. Scriven, music by Charles C. Converse. © Public domain. CCLI song #27714, CCLI License #2718708.
- “This is the Day” words from Psalm 118:24, adapt. By Les Garrett; music by Les Garrett. © 1967, 1980 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #32754, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Cares Chorus” words and music by Kelly Willard. ©1978 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #25974, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Precious Lord” words and music by Thomas Dorsey, arrangement and additional words by Sheldon Curry. © 1938 Unichappell Music In., © Unichappell Music Inc. and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- “Give Thanks” words and music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Shalom to You” words by Elise S. Eslinger; music anon., harm. by Carlton R. Young. © 1983 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #114122, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.