The season of Lent began with Ash Wednesday (February 22) and concludes with Holy Week (April 2-8) and Easter (April 9). There are many opportunities to study, pray, and praise in community. Find something that touches your soul!
- Adult study: Every Sunday through Lent, after the worship service, we will gather to discuss a chapter in our Lenten study book. See more information here.
- Sermon series on Prayer: During Lent, Pastor Linda is offering a four-sermon series on prayer, including why we pray, examples of prayer, ways to pray, and how God answers prayer. See more here.
- Daily prayer focus: Mondays through Saturdays, using topics and requests provided by the congregation, Pastor Linda is emailing a daily prayer focus to those on the church mailing list.
- Holy Week (April 2-9)
- Palm Sunday (April 2, 10am): During the MHUMC worship service, we celebrate Jesus’s entry into Jerusalem.
- Tuesday Healing Service (April 4, 7pm): A special service focused on healing, led by Pastor Linda, at MHUMC, with Pastor Anita of Advent Lutheran and Pastor Karen of St. John the Divine Episcopal churches.
This service is practiced in the United Methodist Church because John Wesley said the body and spirit were both important. A service of Healing and Wholeness is a time to pray for yourself and equally important a time to pray for any others in your life who need prayer. We gather to hear a message of hope and to celebrate Holy Communion.In the service each person has an opportunity to light a candle and say a prayer for someone who is in your heart. You may bring a photograph and place the photograph beside the candle, and then take the photograph home at the end of the service.
We will also have oil and after blessing the oil, each person may be anointed with the oil. Anointing has been practiced from the Old Testament times as a blessing. Finally, each person may choose to have a pastor pray with them individually. The prayer will be in a semi private place for confidentiality.
Everyone is invited and if you have questions about this service, please connect with Pastor Linda.
- Maundy Thursday (April 6, 7pm): A service to remember Jesus last Supper with his Disciples. Service will be hosted by Advent Lutheran church, 16870 Murphy Ave, Morgan Hill.
- Good Friday (April 7, 9am-5pm): We remember the day of Jesus’s crucifixion, offering time for individual meditation in our MHUMC sanctuary with the stations of the cross.
- Good Friday (April 7, 7pm): A service to reflect on the significance of this day. The service will be led by pastors of MHUMC, Advent Lutheran, and St. John the Divine churches. Service will be hosted by Advent Lutheran church, 16870 Murphy Ave, Morgan Hill.
- Holy Saturday (April 8, 7:30pm): We are invited to join St. Stephens in the Field Episcopal church in this service. They are located at 7269 Santa Teresa Blvd, San Jose.
- Easter Sunday (April 9): The worship service at MHUMC will celebrate the risen Christ! Alleluia! Children’s Sunday School will be held during the service. Following the service, we will have an Easter egg hunt for the children.