According to an old English proverb, “it’s an ill wind that blows no good.” How do we deal with life, and find peace, when it seems that an “ill wind” is blowing so much of the time? Our guest speaker Tahiya Marome shares with us techniques to “baffle” (or break the force of) the “ill wind.”
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format. Note that closed captioning is available when “CC” appears in white at the bottom of the video panel. Click the CC to see the text; as it is done with an automated service, there may be errors in transcription.
Our Scripture Reading is 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13 NRSV. Soon after Paul wrote the first letter to the church at Thessaonika, he heard that two issues that he previously addressed were even more serious – the end of history, and idle Christians. He wrote Second Thessalonians in response. On the topic of idleness, he had previously the church to admonish those who were idle. In this writing, however, he now instructs the church to not associate with those people, and to follow his example in working hard and paying his own way.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Tahiya Marome is “Baffle the Ill Wind.”
Tahiya is a behaviorist and learning services manager with experience at Hope Services and other education-oriented organizations serving children and youth with learning and physical challenges.
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Cares Chorus” words and music by Kelly Willard. ©1978 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #25974, CCLI License #2718708.
- “My Life Is In You, Lord” words and music by Daniel Gardner. © 1986 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #17315, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Seek Ye First” words and music by Karen Lafferty. ©1972 CCCM Music (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #1352, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Lord, Speak to Me ” words by Frances Ridley Havergal, music adapt. from Robert Schumann. © Public domain. CCLI song #2769286, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Lead Me, Guide Me” words and music by Doris Akers. © 1978 Maranatha Praise, Inc. admin. by The Copyright Co.
- “Give Thanks” words and music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Lord Bless and Keep You” words and music by Jim Strathdee. © 1981 Strathdee Music (Admin. by Desert Flower Music). CCLI song #7152110, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.