This week is Rally Sunday, the start of a new Sunday School year, when we thank and bless our church school and youth leaders. In addition, as we look ahead, we also recognize the anniversary of 9/11/01. Like a lamp needs a source of power to shine its light, we need a source of power for our light to shine. In her message, Pastor Linda notes that as Christians, we receive a “power surge” from Christ’s leadership, the Holy Spirit’s guidance, and God’s love, to give the enthusiasm and energy to take on whatever comes in the upcoming year.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format. Note that closed captioning is available when “CC” appears in white at the bottom of the video panel. Click the CC to see the text; as it is done with an automated service, there may be errors in transcription.
Our Scripture Reading is Acts 4:5-12. In Acts 3, just before this passage, Peter and John healed a man just outside the temple. Peter explained to the people there what they had done, and why, which annoyed the temple elders. Today’s reading is Peter’s response to the investigation by the elders, explaining it in terms they would understand.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “Power Surge.”
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here.
Credits and copyrights
- “You Alone are Holy” words and music anonymous.
- “O, For a Thousand Tongues to Sing” words by Charles Wesley, music by Carl G. Glaser, arr. by Lowell Mason. Public domain. CCLI song #1369, CCLI License #2718708.
- “They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love” words and music by Peter Scholtes. © Music: 1966 F.E.L. Publications. Assigned 1991 The Lorenz Corporation (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #26997, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Grace Alone” words and music by Scott Wesley Brown and Jeff Nelson. © 1998 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #2335524, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Homeward Bound” words and music by Marta Keen, arr. by Jay Althouse. © 1991 by Alfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- “I Sing Praises to Your Name” TFWS #2037” words and music by Terry MacAlmon. © 1989 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #17061, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Bind Us Together” words and music by Bob Gillman. © 1977 Thankyou Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing). CCLI song #1228, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.