Last week we learned that God’s will is that good things happen. What do we do when things like natural disasters or bad people get in the way? Are they part of God’s will? Today, in the last portion of a 3-topic sermon series, we learn how circumstances can impact how we perceive the will of God, what our role is, and what the ultimate will of God is.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format. Note that closed captioning is available when “CC” appears in white at the bottom of the video panel. Click the CC to see the text; as it is done with an automated service, there may be errors in transcription.
Our Scripture Readings are Romans 8:18-28 and Revelation 1:4-8. Today’s two readings are from writings about 30-60 years after Jesus’s resurrection, to the young Christian churches in Rome and Asia, describing to them what God wants for them and God’s vast role in the universe.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “The Circumstantial Will of God” and “The Ultimate Will of God.”
Pastor Linda references the book “The Will of God” by Leslie Weatherhead. (Get info here.)
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling” words by Charles Wesley, music by John Zundel. Public domain. CCLI Song #40306, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Maker, in Whom We Live” words by Charles Wesley, music by George J. Elvey. Public domain. CCLI song #7010354, CCLI License #2718708.
- “They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love” words and music by Peter Scholtes. © Music: 1966 F.E.L. Publications. Assigned 1991 The Lorenz Corporation (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #26997, CCLI License #2718708.
- “To Know You More” words and music by Joe Horness. © 1996 Ever Devoted Music (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #1767420, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Step by Step” words and music by David (Beaker) Strasser. ©1991 Kid Brothers Of St. Frank Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #696994, CCLI License #2718708.
- “I Sing Praises to Your Name” words and music by Terry macAlmon. © 1989 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #17061, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Bind Us Together” words and music by Bob Gillman. © 1977 Thankyou Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing). CCLI song #1228, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.