It’s so easy to compare ourselves to others, and identify ways in which we fall short of their abilities. Or when we figure out what we can do to be helpful, to get carried away and become overbearing. How do we find the proverbial “happy medium”? And how do we know what God calls us to do?
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is Romans 12:4-8 (The Message). Following the conversation from a couple of weeks ago, in a letter to the church at Rome, Paul continues by explaining why it’s so important for we as individuals to have varied abilities, and to focus on doing what God calls us to do.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Trish Catalano is “Excellently Formed, Marvelously Functioning.”
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise” words and music by Kirk Dearman. © 1984 New Spring (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #9990, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Grace Alone” words and music by Scott Wesley Brown and Jeff Nelson. © 1998 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #2335524, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Sanctuary” words and music by John Thompson and Randy Scruggs. © 1982 Full Armor Publishing Company (Admin. by Peermusic III, Ltd.); Whole Armor Publishing Company (Admin. by Peermusic III, Ltd.). CCLI song #24140, CCLI License #2718708.
- “We Are the Body of Christ” words and music by Scott Wesley Brown and David Hampton. © 1997 New Spring (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music); SongWard Music (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #2220206, CCLI License #2718708.
- “If I Had a Hammer” words and music by Pete Seeger and Lee Hays. Public domain.
- “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow” words by Thomas Ken, adapt. by Gilbert H. Vieira; music from Geistliche Kirchengesänge, harm. by Ralph Vaughan Williams. Public domain. CCLI song #1364029, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Trees of the Field” words by Steffi Geiser Ruben, music by Stuart Dauermann. © 1975 Lillenas Publishing Company (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #20546, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.