In today’s service, Trish shares her experiences and learnings from the recent California-Nevada Annual Conference Session, the annual gathering of our church pastors and representatives. See her message in today’s video to learn the “Platinum Rule” and what it means to “ride the donkey.”
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is Romans 12:9-21. In Paul’s letter to the church at Rome, he describes the marks of the true Christian and their relationship with other Christians as well as non-Christians. It’s based on the Psalms and the wisdom literature, so it would have been generally familiar to many in the church, but it had not been summarized like this until Paul’s letter.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
Included in the message was a video clip from Interim Bishop Sally Dyck, giving her Episcopal Address during the opening plenary session on June 10. This video is not included in the service video; instead, see the inspiring 17-minute talk here.
Trish also recommends watching the Ordination Service, with message from Bishop Dyck. The video is here.
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “You Are Mine” words and music by David Haas. © 1991 GIA Publications.
- “The Servant Song” words by Richard Gillard. © 1977 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #72673, CCLI License #2718708.
- “This is the Day” words from Psalm 118:24, adapt. By Les Garrett; music by Les Garrett. © 1967, 1980 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #32754, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Gift of Love” words and music by Hal H. Hopson. © Words: 1972 Hope Publishing Company, Music: 1972, 2015, 2018 Hope Publishing Company. CCLI song #67327, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Come and See” words and music by Marilyn Houser Hamm. © 1974 Marilyn Houser Hamm.
- “Give Thanks” words and music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Shalom to You” words by Elise S. Eslinger; music anon., harm. by Carlton R. Young. © 1983 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #114122, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.