“We were just walkin’ along, minding our own business, when this fellow caught up with us and walked along. We invited him to dinner, and then you wouldn’t believe who we figured out he was!” In the casual setting of sharing a meal, we can learn a lot about a person, and even recognize Jesus in them.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Luke 24:13-35 NRSV. Two of Jesus’s disciples are walking to the village of Emmaus and are joined by a fellow traveler. Only after inviting him to dinner and sharing the meal do they recognize that it’s Jesus (after his resurrection).
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “What’s in a Meal?”
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “As the Deer” words and music by Martin J. Nystrom. ©1984 Maranatha Praise, Inc., admin. by The Copyright Co. CCLI song #1431, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Feed Us, Lord” words and music by Greg Scheer. © 2007 Greg Scheer. CCLI song #4636207, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Alleluia, Alleluia” words and music by Donald Fishel. ©1973 International Liturgy Publications. CCLI song #32376, CCLI License #2718708.
- “O Thou Who This Mysterious Bread” words by Charles Wesley, music USA folk melody, arr. by Annabel Morris Buchanan, harm. by Charles H. Webb. © Public domain. CCLI song #1341509, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Across the Lands” words and music by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend. © 2002 Thankyou Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing). CCLI song #3709898, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Glorify Thy Name” words and music by Donna Adkins. © 1976, 1981 CCCM Music (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.), Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #1383, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.