Today is Palm Sunday! With palm branches and hosannas, we celebrate Jesus entering Jerusalem, and sense a foreshadowing of his upcoming crucifixion.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Good Morning Morgan Hill features a report from our roving reporter, Sandra, about the excitement at the gates of Jerusalem. Today’s program is brought to you by our sponsor, David T., the Tech Whisperer.
Our Scripture Reading is from Luke 19:29-40 NRSV. This gospel tells the story of Jesus preparing for and entering Jerusalem, on an unridden donkey colt. The crowd throws their cloaks on the ground, like a modern-day red carpet, and praises the arrival of Jesus. (Palm branches and “hosanna” were part of Matthew’s version of the story.)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “Palm Sunday.”
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “Please Enter My Heart Hosanna” words and music by Cathy Townley. © 1997 Abingdon Press (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #2485371, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Hosanna, Loud Hosanna” words by Jeanette Threlfall, music from Gersangbuch der H.w.k Hofkapelle, adapt and harm by W.H. Monk. Public domain. CCLI song #7021309, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Hosanna! Hosanna!” words and music by Cathy Townley. ©1993, 2000 Abingdon Press (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #1388919, CCLI License #2718708.
- “We Will Glorify the King of Kings” words and music by Twila Paris. © 1982 1982 New Spring (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #19038, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Precious Lord” words and music by Thomas Dorsey, arrangement and additional words by Sheldon Curry. © 1938 Unichappell Music In., © Unichappell Music Inc. and Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- “Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow” words by Thomas Ken, adapt. by Gilbert H. Vieira, music from Geistliche Kirchengesänge, harm. by Ralph Vaughan Williams. © Words: 1989 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.), Music: Public Domain. CCLI song #3063266, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Lord Bless and Keep You” words and music by Jim Strathdee. © 1981 Strathdee Music (Admin. by Desert Flower Music). CCLI song #7152110, CCLI License #2718708.
All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.