When we drop a pebble into a bucket of water, it makes a ripple that washes out to the edges of the bucket. Today we celebrate UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief), and how our church makes ripples of God’s love that join with other churches as ambassadors who can help people all over the world.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Good Morning Morgan Hill features the story of the Prodigal Daughter,”Durlene,” and her relationship with her sister “Dorothy.” Today’s program is brought to you by our sponsor, John Braslin’s Philosophy Retreat.
Our Scripture Reading is from 2 Corinthians 5:15-21 NRSV. 2 Corinthians was written by Paul to the church in Corinth around 55 CE. Paul is explaining how his view of the world has changed since becoming a follower of Christ. God, through Christ, is overcoming the rebellion of his creatures, and works through people who are “ambassadors for Christ.”
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
Today is UMCOR Sunday, when we take a special offering that covers the administrative cost of the UMCOR Global Relief program. To donate to that special offering, go to UMCGiving. Information about the Special Sundays (including UMCOR Sunday) is provided there, and the “Special Sundays” button will get you to the online donation form.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Trish Catalano is “Ambassadors for Christ.”
See this week’s announcements and bulletin notes here. Information is included on donating to United Methodist Committee on Relief for providing relief in Ukraine and around the world in situations of disaster and humanitarian assistance.
Credits and copyrights
- “Gather Us In” by Marty Haugen. © 1982 GIA Publications Inc.
- “This is a Day of New Beginnings” words by Brian Wren, music by Carlton R. Young. © Words: 1983, 1987 Hope Publishing Company, Music: 1987 Hope Publishing Company. CCLI song #231043, CCLI License #2718708.
- “They’ll Know We Are Christians” by Peter Scholtes. © 1966 F.E.L. Publications. Assigned 1991 The Lorenz Corporation (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #26997, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Change My Heart, O God” words and music by Eddie Espinosa. © 1982 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #1565, CCLI License #2718708.
- “I Surrender All” words by Judson W. Van DeVenter, music by Winfield S. Weeden, arr. by Joel Raney. © 2014, 2017 Hope Publishing Company.
- “Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow” words by Thomas Ken, adapt. by Gilbert H. Vieira, music from Geistliche Kirchengesänge, harm. by Ralph Vaughan Williams. © Words: 1989 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.), Music: Public Domain. CCLI song #3063266, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Lord Bless and Keep You” words and music by Jim Strathdee. © 1981 Strathdee Music (Admin. by Desert Flower Music). CCLI song #7152110, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.