Today we recall the story of Jesus being “transfigured,” when Jesus’s disciples witnessed him changing into a holy being and being called (by God) “my Chosen.” Like the disciples, we might want to set up memorials to the event, or try to retain that glorious moment. But the intent was to prepare the disciples for difficult days ahead, filling them with the confidence of having a capable and worthy companion. And that is reason to sing with praise and joy!
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Luke 9:28-36. Jesus took a few of his disciples up to a mountain to pray. While there, he was “transfigured” and was joined by Moses and Elijah. After this event was done, the disciples were left to ponder the change in Jesus as well as themselves.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), the humanitarian relief arm of Global Ministries of The United Methodist Church, is in communication with partners in Ukraine and Russia, and is actively exploring the coordination of humanitarian response in Ukraine. While Global Ministries has no administrative role in the affairs of annual conferences, districts or congregations in Russia or Ukraine, we are partners in mission with church units and projects in those countries. We currently have no mission personnel in Ukraine. At this moment, support can be given through prayer for peace and security in Ukraine and Russia, and contributions to UMCOR’s areas of greatest need.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world. Donations to MHUMC also support UMCOR.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Trish Catalano is “Seeing the Glory.”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “I Come With Joy” words by Brian Wren, music from Southern Harmony, harm. By Charles H. Webb. © 1968, 1971, 1995 Hope Publishing Company. CCLI song #2802284, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Seek Ye First” words and music by Karen Lafferty. © 1972 CCCM Music (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #1352, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Holy Ground” words and music by Geron Davis. © 1983 Meadowgreen Music Company (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing), Songchannel Music (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing). CCLI song #21198, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Transfigure Us” words and music by Bob Hurd. © OCP Publications.
- “I’m Gonna Live So God Can Use Me” words, music African American spiritual. Public domain.
- “Shalom to You” words by Elise S. Eslinger; music anonymous, harmony by Carlton R. Young. © 1983 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #114122, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.