We are beginning a 4-part sermon series on “Can We Forgive?”. In Christianity, we are called to forgive – yet it can be so difficult, and it can take years to accomplish. This series will look at the reasons we forgive, the steps of forgiveness, the myths surrounding forgiveness, and the benefits of forgiveness. In Part 1, we learn what forgiveness is, and is not, and consider the consequences of forgiving someone.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Luke 6:37-38. Jesus is surrounded by a crowd who had come to see him. He takes the opportunity to speak to his disciples about some of the tough questions he has received, including how we are to treat others.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “Can We Forgive?” Part 1.
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Saranam, Saranam” words trad. Pakistani, trans. By D.T. Niles; music trad. Punjabi melody, arr. by Shanti Rasanayagam. © Church Hymnary Trust (Admin. by Hymns Ancient and Modern Ltd.). CCLI song #5177916, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Gift of Love” words by Hal Hopson; music trad. English melody, adapt. by Hal Hopson. © 1972 Hope Publishing Company. CCLI song #67327, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Seek Ye First” words and music by Karen Lafferty. © 1972 CCCM Music (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.); Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #1352, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Freely, Freely” words and music by Carol Owens. © 1972 Bud John Songs, Inc. (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing). CCLI song #13209, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Change My Heart, O God” words and music by Eddie Espinosa. © 1982 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #1565, CCLI License #2718708.
- “I’m Gonna Live So God Can Use Me” words, music African American spiritual. Public domain.
- “Shalom to You” words by Elise S. Eslinger; music anonymous, harmony by Carlton R. Young. © 1983 The United Methodist Publishing House (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #114122, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.