Which is the most important body part? Heart? Brain? Little toe? If one of our body parts doesn’t feel well, even a little toe, the rest of the body shares the pain. Just as God arranged the members of our bodies, so God arranged the members of our communities. Our gifts complement one another, and all are important!
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from 1 Corinthians 12:12-31. Paul is explaining to the church at Corinth why gifts that each person has are important. The more public and showy gifts (such as speaking in tongues) are no more valuable than the less-visible gifts; all gifts have been given by God. Similarly, all members of the community are important.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Lay Servant Minister Trish Catalano is “Varieties of Gifts.”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Praise the Lord with the Sound of Trumpet” by Natalie Sleeth. © 1976 Hinshaw Music, Inc.
- “O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing” words by Charles Wesley, music by Carl G. Glaser, arr. by Lowell Mason. Public domain. CCLI song #1369, CCLI License #2718708.
- “This is the Day” words from Psalm 118:24, adapt. by Les Garrett, music by Les Garrett © 1967, 1980 Universal Music – Brentwood Benson Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.). CCLI song #32754, CCLI License #2718708.
- “They’ll Know We Are Christians By Our Love” words and music by Peter Scholtes. © 1966 F.E.L. Publications. Assigned 1991 The Lorenz Corporation (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #26997, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Spirit Song” words and music by John Wimber. © 1979 Mercy/Vineyard Publishing (Admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #2788717, CCLI License #2718708.
- “I Sing Praises” words and music by Terry MacAlmon. © 1989 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music (admin. by Integrity Music). CCLI song #17061, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Bind Us Together” words, music by Bob Gillman. © Thankyou Music (admin. by Capital CMG Publishing). CCLI song #1228, CCLI License #2718708.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.