On this fourth Sunday of Advent, we look at the unexpected ways God expresses love for our world.
Our services are being held with in-person attendance at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Psalm 89:1-4, 19-26 NRSV. This Psalm harks back to the story in the book of II Samuel, when David (as a youth) was called by God for his future leadership. It includes a recollection of the promise that David’s descendants would be held in high regard, and that God’s faithfulness and steadfast love would be with him. This was considered a foreshadowing of the coming of Jesus.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “Restore Us, O God: Love.”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Angels We Have Heard on High” words trad. French carol, music French carol, arr. by Edward Shippen Barnes, harm. by Austin C. Lovelace. Public domain.
- “The Snow Lay on the Ground” words Anglo-English carol, music English melody, adapt. by Charles Winfred Douglas. Public domain.
- “People, Look East” words by Eleanor Farjeon, music trad. French carol, harm. By Martin Shaw. CCLI song #3011380, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Alleluia” words, music by Jerry Sinclair. © 1972, 1978 Manna Music. CCLI song #16811, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Love Has Come” words, music by Ken Bible. © 1996, 1997 LNWhymns.com (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.). CCLI song #2060820, CCLI License #2718708.
- “I Wonder As I Wander” Appalachian carol, adapted by John Jacob Niles, arr. by Tom Fettke. © 1979 G. Schirmer, Inc.
- “Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow” words by Thomas Ken, adapt. By Gilbert H. Vieira, music from Geistliche Kirchengesäng, harm. By Ralph Vaughan Williams. © 1989 The United Methodist Publishing House. CCLI song #3063266, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Until Jesus Comes” words, music by Dean McIntyre. © 1989 The General Board of Discipleship of The United Methodist Church.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.