Today is “Christ the King” Sunday, the last week in the church year. It is a way of saying we wrap up a year’s worth of worship by claiming again whose we are. We reiterate our mission – to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The emphasis this week is in the middle – “of Jesus Christ.” That is the kind of disciple that we are. We aren’t disciples of our own wisdom; we aren’t disciples following the winds of this world. We are disciples of Jesus Christ.
Our services are now being held with in-person attendance, at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Portions of today’s service is provided below in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from John 18:33-37 NRSV. Pilate is asking Jesus if he really is a king – and Jesus gives several answers that Pilate cannot comprehend.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Trish Catalano is “Christ the King.”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “We Gather Together” music 16th cent. Dutch melody; arr. By Edward Kremser. Public domain.
- “Rejoice, the Lord is King” words by Charles Wesley, music by John Darwall. Public domain.
- “Sanctuary” words, music by John Thompson and Randy Scruggs. © 1982 Whole Armor/Full Armor Music, admin. by The Kruger Organization. CCLI song #24140, CCLI License #2718708.
- “What Gift Can We Bring” words, music by Jane Marshall. © 1982 Hope Publishing Co. CCLI song #3894930, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Give Thanks” words, music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve” words by Delores Dufner, OSB, music USA folk melody. Words © Delores Dufner, admin. by OCP Publications.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.