Michelle Obama said, “You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.” Do you agree? Is it more important to make decisions with the head, or the heart? Does the size of the decision make a difference? And does being Christian – and specifically, Methodist – change the way we make decisions? So many questions! Pastor Linda will help us tackle them in this week’s sermon.
Our services are now being held with in-person attendance, at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Mark 6:30-44 NRSV. Jesus and the disciples are with a crowd of thousands of hungry people. The disciples think their solution (send the people home to eat) is intellectually sound, but Jesus creates a better solution from the heart.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “With Head and Heart.”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Fill My Cup, Lord” words, music by Richard Blanchard. © 1964 Word Music, LLC. CCLI song #15946, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Sanctuary” words, music by John Thompson and Randy Scruggs. © 1982 Whole Armor/Full Armor Music, admin. by The Kruger Organization. CCLI song #24140, CCLI License #2718708.
- “You Who Are Thirsty” words, music by Barbara Ross. © 1992 Palm Branch Music, Inc. CCLI song #814453, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Give Thanks” words, music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve” words by Delores Dufner, OSB, music USA folk melody. Words © Delores Dufner, admin. by OCP Publications.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.