Who is a “saint”? A gold-accented painting of a halo’ed person from long ago? A person recognized by the church as being especially holy? An admirable deceased relative? Someone who patiently deals with difficult situations? On All Saints Sunday we remember the “saints” in our lives who may fit any of those descriptions. In addition, we celebrate the service of Holy Communion.
Our services are now being held with in-person attendance, at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Ephesians 1:11-23 NRSV. Paul is writing to the church at Ephesus (a Greek coastal city, in the area of present-day Turkey). Paul is reminding the people that they were chosen by God, and that as the body of Christ, they are “saints.”
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service. I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
The message today from Rev. Dr. Linda Holbrook is “Santo Subito.”
Today’s service includes Holy Communion.
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Jesus, Name Above All Names” words, music by Naida Hearn. © 1974 by Scripture in Song (a div. of Integrity Music, Inc.). CCLI song #21291, CCLI License #2718708.
- “For All The Saints” words by William W. How, music by Ralph Vaughan Williams. Public domain.
- “Sanctuary” words, music by John Thompson and Randy Scruggs. © 1982 Whole Armor/Full Armor Music, admin. by The Kruger Organization. CCLI song #24140, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Give Thanks” words, music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “The Spirit Sends Us Forth to Serve” words by Delores Dufner, OSB, music USA folk melody. Words © Delores Dufner, admin. by OCP Publications.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.