In our complicated and busy world, we are called to “do” yet often long to “be.” How can we align the “Martha” and “Mary” in us, and where does “resting in Jesus” fit into our lives? This is not gender-specific, as we all can feel the tug of what appear to be conflicting priorities.
Our services are now being held with in-person attendance, at 10 a.m. Sunday morning. Today’s service is provided below in its entirety in video format.
Our Scripture Reading is from Luke 10:38-42 NRSV. Jesus notices Martha being very busy providing hospitality for his entourage and her household. She’s feeling overwhelmed at the need to do so much, while her sister Mary is not helping, but is instead listening to Jesus’s teachings. Maybe this isn’t an “either/or” situation – and perhaps there are times for both priorities.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service.
Our offering is given to the mission and ministry of MHUMC. Remember our gifts come from us, as the people of God, for the work of God, to the Glory of God in the world.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is the one true Church whose faith we support with our prayers, our presence, our giving, our witness and our service. I invite you to give generously, as we worship God through sharing our gifts, tithes, and offerings.
|The message today from guest speaker Debbie Ullmann is “Biblical Rest: Learning from Mary & Martha”
See this week’s announcements here.
Credits and copyrights
- “Be Still for the Presence” words, music by David Evans. © 1986 by Thankyou Music, admin. by Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. CCLI song #120824, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Open Our Eyes, Lord” words, music by Bob Cull. © 1976 Maranatha! Music, admin. by The Copyright Co., CCLI song #1572, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Seek Ye First” words, music by Karen Lafferty. © 1972 Maranatha! Music. CCLI song #1352, CCLI License #2718708.
- “As The Deer” words, music by Martin J. Nystrom. © 1984 Maranatha! Music. CCLI song #1431, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Jesus is a Rock in a Weary Land” words, music African American spiritual. Public domain.
- “Give Thanks” words, music by Henry Smith. © 1978 Integrity’s Hosanna! Music. CCLI song #20285, CCLI License #2718708.
- “Blest Be the Tie That Binds” words by John Fawcett, music by Johann G. Nägeli, arr. by Lowell Mason. Public domain.
- All other text on this page © The United Methodist Church of Morgan Hill.