Holy Week Opportunities
- March 25, Palm Sunday: 10am service, rejoice with children as they recall Jesus' entry to Jerusalem, then somberly remember the days to Easter.
- March 26-30, Stations of the Cross in Sanctuary is open (9am-5pm daily) for people to walk the Stations of the Cross. Come and go as you like.
- March 29, Holy Thursday: Seder Meal at 6:30pm. Sign up on flyer in worship service, or call the office.
- March 31, Holy Saturday Easter Vigil: The sanctuary will be open for individuals to come and go, to offer private prayer and light candles.
- April 1, Easter:
- 6:30am Sunrise Service, led by youth and older elementary children. Meet in Fellowship Hall at 6:30am, then walk up Nob Hill (a couple of blocks up the hill). Wear a warm jacket and sturdy walking shoes.
- 7:30am Pancake Breakfast
- 9am Easter Celebration Service at Gilroy UMC to welcome the risen Christ. Pastor Patrick is officiating.
- 10am Fellowship Time
- 11am Easter Celebration Service to welcome the risen Christ. Pastor Patrick is officiating at Morgan Hill UMC.
- 12 noon (approx.) Children's Egg Hunt, sponsored by our Youth.
Hot Meals at Gilroy Emergency Shelter, Oct. 16 through April 15
Our local cold-weather homeless shelter at the Gilroy Armory is open through mid-April. We provide dinner on the 1st and 3rd Sundays, plus the 5th (if there is one).
The adult team and youth team take turns coordinating and serving the meal. See "Dinner at the Armory" for more info.
Adult Sunday Class
Adults now have an opportunity for a study that follows the Sunday Bible readings. This is similar to what we offer our children, but at a grown-up level.
The program, "Living the Good News," is led by Kristen Johnson, on Sunday mornings, 8:30am-9:30pm, in the Fellowship Hall.
Contact Kristen if you are interested in participating, so she may prepare accordingly.
Sharing the Bounty
Each Wednesday evening, 6-7pm, we offer a hot dinner in our Fellowship Hall. Dinner is open to whomever needs it, no questions asked. Food is prepared by Martha's Kitchen, but servers and other helpers are
needed for the meals. Contact Denise Melroy if you wish to help.